Our Top 10 Starter Tips For Makeup Users
Posted on June 28 2018
Quality skin care products can go a long way in reinforcing your daily beauty regimen, but how you use your makeup products is often just as important as what you are using. See our favorite 10 tips below for makeup users - try them out to optimize your beauty routine today!
1. Use moisturizers consistently. While moisturizing isn’t technically considered makeup, its vital in maintaining glowing skin. Using moisturizer helps make sure your face doesn’t dry out, which makes your skin look vibrant and helps the makeup look the way it’s supposed to. Use moisturizer with SPF in it to protect your skin from the sun for an added bonus!
2. Get a good primer that works for your skin type. Some people tend to have more oily skin, while others have dry skin. Another good idea is to make sure the primer is specific to the climate that you live in. If you live in a more humid place, there may be a primer that caters to that better. Getting the right primer for you makes a huge difference in making sure your makeup stays on!
3. Get the right Foundation. Foundation is typically skin colored and can be used to create a uniform complexion on your face, which you can then highlight as you like. A good foundation is important in bringing everything together. Some foundations can also act as a moisturizer and a sunscreen. If you are not a fan of using regular foundation, B.B. Cream may be a good alternative for you.
4. If you tend to have oilier skin, using powder may be a good idea. While people with dry to normal skin may not need to use powder as much, those with oilier faces may sometimes have a certain shine to their faces. Using powder can help reduce this unwanted shine.
5. Apply the right bronzer to accomplish what you want. A matte bronzer can help you contour and give off a glowing effect, while a shimmer bronzer can be used to highlight the features you want. Many professionals recommend starting with a lighter shade of bronzer early in the year and darkening as you get closer to Summer.
6. Using the right Blush is important because not only does it add color and contour to your face, but it also helps define your face’s features. When used properly, Blush can be used to accentuate your best features and soften those features that you are not as fond of.
7. If you’re having issues with bags under your eyes from being tired, there a certain ways to apply makeup that will look more natural and cover these bags up more effectively. We recommend using a lighter colored highlighter near the crease, and then using a slightly darker color on the puffy part.
8. Pick the right lipstick that goes with your outfit and the rest of your makeup. For a more professional look, you may want to stick with a shade that is similar to your natural lip hue. On the other hand if you’re feeling a little wild, there are lots of vibrant shades of lipstick from bright green to cotton candy blue.
9. Use a good remover and cleanser. We recommend using an exfoliating brush that can help rub off any of the dry or dead skin under the makeup you had been wearing. The exfoliating removers tend to remove makeup more effectively.
10. Whether you rarely use makeup, or you have a large collection, you might have some makeup that you own for extended periods of time. This can especially be an issue with mascara, because as it dries up it tends to form clumps that are then hard to use. Often, people end up throwing this mascara out because using it is simply not worth it. To counteract this issue put a drop or two of Visine into your dried out mascara and it will be as good as new.
STARE Cosmetics is a quality makeup line that cares for your skin like skin care products would. Our products provide the coverage and colors we all desire while conscientiously including only quality ingredients. Browse our selection of body care and skin care products here.